Monolithos, one of the PLATIRUS’s partners, will co-organize, along with BC Materials and ENEA a Symposium: Substitution and recycling of critical raw materials in optoelectronic, magnetic and energy devices III | EMRS (european-mrs.com). The event is part of the EMRS (European Materials Research Society) Spring Meeting and will be held on line from 31 May-04 June 2021.
About the symposium:
The Symposium is devoted to academic and industrial partners working on the substitution and recycling of critical raw materials (CRMs) in electronic, magnetic and energy harvesting devices. The objective is to strengthen the synergies in this community and promote the development of new efficient CRM-free/lean devices.
Materials Science, Design, Synthesis, Growth, Characterization of Advanced Materials with reduced or free from Critical Raw Materials and Recovery/Recycling of CRMs for:
- Transparent conductive layers
- Rechargeable batteries
- Phosphors for LED applications, Scintillators, Displays
- Solar: photovoltaics, photocatalysis, hydrogen production
- Smart windows
- Caloric Materials for energy harvesting or efficient cooling
- Exchange-coupled nanocomposite magnets with less or no rare earths
- New RE-free/lean highly anisotropic magnetic materials
- New and energy efficient motors and generator technologies which do not depend on permanent magnets
More than 1,270 abstracts have been submitted. Conference proceedings will be published in a Special Issue of PSSA, Wiley and/or of International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, Taylor & Francis.
If you want to find out more about the event agenda and speaker list, check out the event here.